How to activate Roku device through Roku.com/link?
Let us invite you to the world of streaming and Roku gadget plays the role to offer endless entertainment with the URL Roku.com/link. Check out the reviews to find the best model that can offer top features and specifications. Refer the device manual to find the setup guidelines. These manuals will be provided with the device package. Understand the process before you begin and check if you have the necessary requisites to begin the setup. Also do not get panic, if you end up receiving error messages. Use the troubleshooting tips to resolve it. Let us provide few updates here if you would like to know more
What are the essential requirements for Roku setup?
- Roku.com/link account
- High-speed Internet connection
- Wireless network credentials – username and password
- Roku com link enter code
Do you have a Roku.com/link account?
Roku device users who do not have a Roku.com/link account can create a new one and it’s not a big deal
It’s the Roku account creation page you can visit to find Roku.com/link create account steps
- From your mobile device or tablet, click on the activation URL https://my.roku.com/signup
- Internet being the most important requisite, check if the network connection is active
- As you receive the prompt to provide the required data, fill the details to proceed
- You can view the space to type Name, Email ID and Password
- Now, click on the submit tab to complete Roku account creation process
- Note down the Roku account credentials
- Then visit the page https://my.roku.com/signin for login
Set the Roku account Pin
It’s always good to secure your Roku account with Roku account Pin and it’s the Pin preference or settings tab to choose
You have three choices here to set Roku account Pin
- Always require a Pin to make purchases and to add channels
- Always require a Pin to make purchases
- No pin is required to make your purchase
Choose the required option, fill the verify Pin tab and click on the save button. Roku account Pin will be successfully created.
How to link Roku to account?
- To link your Roku account to Roku device, use the URL Roku.com/link and provide the Roku activation code
- It’s the page www Roku com link enter code where you can find Roku.com/link create account instructions
Roku wireless setup
- As you switch ON your Roku device, a purple screen with Roku Logo will appear on your screen
- Navigate through the go.roku.com/wireless settings, Roku wireless options will appear on the screen
- Now we recommend entering wireless network username and password
- The green checkmarks indicate the network-connected status
- If it’s a red checkmark, troubleshooting is must to get rid of network issues
Roku error codes on Roku.com/link
Any Roku gadget that you use will end up receiving Roku error codes. Do not get panic as we have troubleshooting guide to resolve it
Roku remote not working
To pair the Roku gadget to Roku TV or to make required selections, Roku remote is used. If your model is brand new, compatible remote will be provided with the device package
Do not know how to fix Roku remote not working error?
- Check the seating of the batteries
- Replace the existing batteries with a new one
- Also power off your gadget and start pairing the remote once again
HDCP Unauthorized Content Disabled
HDCP being the most important content protected standard, it’s important to follow it
If you receive the “HDCP Unauthorized Content Disabled” error message on the screen
- If the connections are not secure, unplug the HDMI cable and plug it after a while
- Use standard or premium HDMI cable and check the connection
- Ensure that you fix the cable to appropriate HDMI port
Activate your favorite Roku channels
It’s time to activate the most entertaining Roku channels and you can choose the best
Roku channel categories
- Free channels – Free to activate
- Paid channel – Pay the subscription charges
- Private channel – Requires private channel access code
Popular Roku Channels
- TubiTV- Huge selection of Movies, TV shows, documentaries, Family entertainment, Horror thrillers and much more
- Hulu- Activate and you can access Hulu shows
- Crackle- Best channel if you love watching the Movies
- PBS- Watch the most entertaining PBS channel episodes. It’s the Movies and TV category where you can find the channel
- Espn+- Best channel if you love sports. You will never end up bored watching the sports highlights, scores, news updates and a lot more
- Popcorn Flix- Watch your favorite movies on this channel
Facing issue during Roku activation?
Call our expert technicians to activate or troubleshoot your Roku device instantly.
Private channels, the Hidden gems
Private channels or hidden channels require Private channel access code and most streamed and most watch include Nowhere TV, Unofficial Twitch, Wilderness, The Internet Archive and much more
Each channel requires private channel access code. Refer the Roku channel guide to find the code
Login into your Roku account, add the Private channel and select the option, activate channel with code to proceed
Private channel codes
- Nowhere TV – H9DWC
- Wilderness – fl821095
- The Internet Archive – NMJS5
Note- The code differs for each channel and suggest you to choose the appropriate Private channel access code
How to add and activate channels on Roku?
- It’s easy to activate channels on Roku
- The first step is to select the streaming device
- Complete the device setup and you can set the Language and display
- Sign in to your Roku account
- Now start your search to find Roku channels
- As you receive the search results, select and add the channel
- If you cannot view the added channel, perform a system update
- For private channel activation, provide the channel access code
Roku apps to use with your mobile
Roku is on its way to introduce popular channel apps and includes Roku remote app, Photo view app and lot more
PhotoView for Google Photos on Roku – roku-photoview/link
Introducing the Photo View for Google photos and it’s the popular app to use with Roku. Let you browse and display photos and videos from Google photos account
- Launch the app
- Follow the onscreen guide and you will be redirected to the settings
- Use the activation page google.com/device
- You will receive a prompt to enter the code for activation
- Use the search button to search and find the photos, browse videos and lot more
Click on the page Roku-photoview/link for more updates
Do you require any Roku technical support or Roku.com/link activation assistance; reach out to our support team. Our Roku team is certified to answer queries
Tablo and antenna make the best pair-Roku
- Antennas are a boon for the cord-cutters who left their traditional cable boxes for good and redefined their entertainment.
- You cannot be more wrong if you think antennas are a thing of the past.
- Antennas, like every other instrument like a phone, TV, etc. are at its pinnacle.
- Get an OTA antenna, plug it to the Roku TV and use a DVR like Tablo to kick your blues and dive into the endless pool of entertainment.
Why should I get a Tablo DVR and OTA antenna with Roku TV?
An OTA antenna can help you pick up signals as far as 80 miles away from your device. You can get most of the famous local networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc. Good thing is, you can use the Tablo DVR to record these channels over the antenna to watch it later.
Roku TV & Antenna
If you are having a Roku TV, you are halfway there to the land of never-ending entertainment. Roku TV can detect an off-air antenna. All you need is a 75-ohm coaxial cable to connect the antenna to your Roku TV.
Once connected, you will have access to tons of channels available over the local station including your local news and sports streaming channel. This includes your college football season and NBA playoffs. Simply access the Tablo app on your Roku store to stream and also record the content for you to stream it later.
If you want to know more about antenna connection to Roku or the Tablo connection to Roku, make sure you reach out to our customer support who are always ready to help you with your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get a link code for Roku?
- Finish the initial hardware setup.
- Power up your device.
- Choose necessary preferences like language, region, time-zone, etc.
- Establish an internet connection by opting for a wireless network or ethernet connection.
- Proceed with your software updates.
- As the next step, you can see the “activation code” on your display.
- This is your link code to merge your Roku account with the device.
How do I activate my Roku?
Follow the steps below to activate your Roku device.
- Power up your Roku device.
- Complete the basic setup.
- Link it to your network.
- Update your Roku software.
- Note down the activation code.
- Fire up your laptop.
- Visit roku.com/link
- Enter the activation code.
- Click on submit.
- Sign in/ sign up to your account.
- Complete the purchase.
- Stream your favorites.
How to add a private channel on Roku?
Not all channels are available on the public display of your Roku device. Follow these steps to add any private channel on Roku.
- Firstly, obtain your private channel code for your Roku.
- You can get it by searching it on the web.
- Then go to your Roku channel store using your web browser on a laptop or smartphone.
- Click on the “add channel” tab. You can see a space where you can enter the code on your website.
- Once you enter the code, click on the “add channel” tab.
- It will take 24 hours for the channel to add on the Roku device.
- You can skip this by going to the settings and updating the software yourself.
- You can view the contents of the channel ASAP. The updates and removing the channel is the same as any other channels on the Roku store.
How do I set up my Roku without a remote?
You can complete the setup process of your Roku account without a remote. The idea is to use an external interface like your universal remote or the Roku mobile remote or any other device that can interact with your TV using IR or similar technology.
The Roku mobile app, which has a remote built-in, is the most preferred and most accessible option as we all have a smartphone handy, so not losing it.
Can I have 2 Roku on the same account?
Yes, you can. You can link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account and can stream different content on each of these devices. All you have to remember is that any changes made on one Roku device will have its effect on the other Roku devices too.
For example, if you delete a channel in one of your Roku devices, then the specific action will be applied on the other Roku devices that share the same account. The same applies to add a channel or blocking a channel, etc. But you can stream two different contents at the same time on your Roku devices that shares the same account.
Can you mirror an iPhone to a Roku?
No, you cannot mirror your apple devices to Roku as you do in your android or windows device. However, you can use the Roku mobile app to cast the content from the phone to the TV by using a feature called “Play on Roku.”
How do I pair/mirror my phone with my Roku?
Follow the steps below to pair or mirror your phone to your Roku.
- Look for the settings option.
- Select the screen mirroring option.
- Click on the enable screen mirroring option to activate this feature.
- Go to the settings option.
- Select the display tab.
- In some phones, this feature will not be under the display option.
- It will also be under a different name, so dig a little bit about how your phone calls the mirroring feature.
- Now select the screen mirroring feature from the respective menu.
- Once you select it, check out the “enable wireless display” and scan for the available devices.
- This will import your phone’s screen to the Roku device.
How do I link my Roku account to my Roku?
Follow the steps below to link your Roku account to your Roku device.
- At the initial setup, once you connect your Roku device to an internet connection, your device will check for software updates.
- Here, allow the device to check for the software updates.
- If there are any updates available, proceed to update the device.
- After the device updates, it will restart to save the changes made on your Roku device.
- Once the device restarts, you can see the activation code on your home screen sort of page.
- Note down this activation code.
- Visit roku.com/link from your laptop or smartphone.
- Enter your activation code here and click on submit.
- The codes will take a few moments to verify.
- Once the code verifies, you will proceed to a page where you can sign in/sign up to your Roku account.
- If you already have the account’s credentials, enter the details here, and this will link your Roku account to the Roku device.
Why does Roku need my credit card?
- Roku is free to use, but the channels that come along with it may not be so.
- There are more than thousands of channels available on the Roku channel store, and to view some of them, you need a subscription through which you can access the content on your device.
- To avail of this subscription and also to download some channels, you need to pay a fee-one time or monthly or yearly, depending upon the channel you choose to add.
- It is easier to proceed with the transaction process if you have your credit card details saved automatically.
- You will save a big chunk of time and also can continue with the transaction as safe as possible. That is why Roku asks for your credit card details.
How do you reset Roku?
Refer to the steps below to perform a factory reset on your Roku.
- Go to the home page of your Roku device by using your Roku remote.
- Now look for the “settings” option among the available choices.
- Choose the “system” from the options available.
- Under the system, you can see the “advanced system settings,” click on it.
- Here is where you can find the option to “factory reset.”
- When you click on the “factory reset” option, you can see the “factory reset everything” under it.
- Once you click on it, you will have few commands on the screen; just follow the instructions on your display to proceed with the complete factory reset of your Roku device.
You can also proceed with the factory reset using the hardware button or pinhole available on your Roku device. Every single Roku player has this facility to reset from the device without involving the Roku interface.
- If your Roku player has a reset button, then press on the button for 20 seconds. This will reset the whole Roku player. The indicator light will show you the status of the factory reset.
- If your Roku player has a pinhole, then use a paper clip or a pin or a tip of the pencil to insert into the pinhole. After a few seconds, you will see the reset process kick starting.
How do I use my phone as a Roku remote?
You can use your phone as a Roku remote to interact with your Roku device. Just download the Roku mobile application that is available on both the iOs and Google play store.
- Make sure you connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi that your Roku device is connected to.
- Use your Roku mobile application to interact with your Roku device using the Roku remote in the application.
How do I connect Roku to WiFi without remote?
Follow the methods below to complete the connection to your Wi-Fi without a remote.
- Try using the Roku application on your phone to interact with your device.
- If you are moving your Roku device to a new place or recently changed your modem, you can try replicating your previous modem. Change your network’s name to the previous one and also set the same password for your network.
- This way, there is a big chance that your Roku device will identify this new network as your default one and will connect to your network.
- Create an open network using your phone and complete the setup process. After this, you can use your Roku mobile application to interact with your Roku device.
Can you get local channels on the Roku?
There is a workaround to get local channels on your Roku device.
- Use an OTA (off-air antenna) to stream local channels on your Roku device.
- You can also opt to choose different streaming networks to get most of the local channels, but you may need to dig a little bit deeper to know your best options.